- Category: Biotechnology Videos
- Created on Saturday, 03 May 2014 14:16
The biotechnology sector in India is one of the fastest growing sectors of the Indian economy, holding immense potential in terms of research, development, skill and cost effectiveness. As per the eight annual survey by the Association of Biotechnology-led enterprise (ABLE) and BioSpectrum, the sector grew threefold in five years and reported a revenue of €2 billion Euros during 2009-2011, with a 17% rise as compared to the previous year.
Catering across sub sectors such as biopharma, agricultural biotechnology, bio-industrial, bio- services and bioinformatics, India has fast emerged as one of the leading countries producing biotech products and rendering bio services across the world.
In discussion with EBTC's biotechnology specialist, Dr. Geetha Swamilingiah, Mr. Amitesh Suman, (Senior Manager, Operations and Business Development, Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises) and Mr. Siddharth Dhodi (Manager, Life sciences Knowledge Banking, Yes Bank Ltd.), this webinar will aim to give you an overview of the research and business activities across this sector in India, including:
- Indian Biotech research and Business entities and its market size.
- A glance at policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Indian biotech market access and barriers.
- Indian Government Incentives for the sector.