You are warmly invited to the upcoming ARE Energy Access Seminar to learn how to successfully realise self-sustainable business solutions for access to energy and services in developing countries by making use of upcoming finance supporting schemes.
During the ARE Seminar, experts with long-standing experience in the sector will give practical insights and hands-on advice to both experts and newcomers from the private and public sector on important issues for practitioners.
- 13:30-14:00 Registration / Coffee
- 14:00-15:45 Session 1: Rural electrification – Views of Main Partners for Energy Access Solutions
- Welcome and Introduction by ARE – Ernesto Macías, ARE President / Partner at SFC Business Partners, Spain
- The Core Factors for Access to Energy and Services – Martin Niemetz, SE4ALL Country Action Officer, Austria (tbc)
- Asia, Africa and Latin-America - Off-grid Economic Growth Perspectives – Marcus Wiemann, ARE Secretary General, Belgium
- Energy Access Support Schemes - Key Players, Donors and Funding Conditions – Felice Zaccheo, Deputy Head of Unit EuropeAid and three high-level experts out of AFD, BEI, DFID, EUEI PDF, GIZ, FMO, IRENA; tbc
- 15:45-16:00 Q&A
- 16:00-16:30 Coffee Break and Networking – Matchmaking
- 16:30-17:30 Session 2: How to get successfully involved?
- Financial Mechanisms and Programmes - Key Characteristics and Principles – Caroline Nijland, ARE Board Member / Business Development Director FRES & Chris Service, Business Developer FRES, Netherlands
- SE4ALL High Impact Opportunity – Private Sector View on Cooperation with IFIs and IOs – Matteo della Volta, ARE Board Member / Energy Sector Business Developer, Siemens AG, Germany
- UNEP – EDP Partnership on ‘Clean Energy Mini-Grids’ in Africa – Guilherme Collares Pereira, ARE Board member / Director EDP, Portugal
- 17:30-17:45 Q&A
- 17:45-18:45 Session 3: Café for Energy Access – Expert table
- How to Design Rural Electrification Technologies Solutions – Xavier Vallvé, ARE Board member / Director TTA, Spain
- How to Choose from Available Technologies, Products and Services for Rural Electrification – Claude Ruchet, ARE Board member / Deputy Director Studer Innotec SA, Switzerland
- How to Be Your Own Boss – Business Opportunities with Solar Systems – Tobias Zwirner, ARE Board Member / Managing Director, Phaesun, Germany
- The presentations from ARE Board members will show case studies and live experiences to address and discuss questions on the following:
- What are the most interesting emerging markets for rural electrification?
- What are the framework conditions, laws and regulations to consider?
- What is the future role of profit and non-profit organisations in the sector?
- How to best integrate off-grid renewable energies from a business perspective?
- How to make use of available donor and finance support schemes?
- How to start? Which factors need to be considered?
- How to find an appropriate project with growth perspective?
- How to build a sustainable business model for off-grid markets?
- How to calculate a project?
- How to finance the project?
- What are the technologies, products and services available in the market?
- What are the criteria to choose the appropriate site and technology?
- How to find appropriate partners and supporters?
- 18:45-19:00 Q&A
- 19:00-20:00 Networking Cocktail (with high-level representatives of African embassies)
How To Register
To register, simply fill out the Registration Form and send to
*Early bird discount available before 15 Aug.
Normal fee: 400 €
ARE members: 200 €
Become a Sponsor:
Gold sponsor: 1000 €
Silver sponsor: 750 €
Bronze sponsor: 500 €