The European Technology Experience centre (ETEC) is an ecosystem that has been set up by EBTC to support EU and Indian companies/research institutes succeed, by meeting midway and deploying global expertise with highly localised strategies. ETEC centres act as the dedicated physical platform for European technologies in India providing sustained visibility, presence and interaction with the relevant stakeholders in India.
ETEC centres are the only centres in India dedicated towards showcasing and demonstrating European technologies.
Key features of ETEC
- A technology hub on campus to demonstrate European technologies physically or virtually and to experience how these can work under Indian conditions.
- A specially designated area to foster new innovative models of technology collaboration between Europe and India for displaying clean technologies and for supporting technology transfer.
- An entrepreneurial incubation space where one can learn about cutting edge research and technology developments that are being carried out both in Europe and India.
- A lab to adapt select European technologies for the Indian market and to improve their technical performance and more specifically, economic viability in India through joint localisation and Intellectual Property (IP) protection.
- Conduct customised vocational training programs and webinars targeting the needs of the Indian industry, researchers and students by leveraging European expertise.
ETEC @ EBTC is located in the EBTC's office in New Delhi.
With pan-India reach, EBTC offers solutions to clean-technology companies willing to enter and ensure sustainability in the Indian market.
As a prime toolbox for EU and Indian businesses, researchers, clusters, and policy makers, EBTC’s services support cross-border collaboration at all levels - from comprehensive market information to help overcome market access issues, to project and partner identification, strategic advisory services, business and technology incubation, and more.
EBTC's services at a glance:
- Technology Incubation
- Business Incubation
- IPR Helpdesk
- DLTA complex, South Block, First Floor, 1, African Avenue, New Delhi, 110 029
- Tel: +91 11 33521500
- Fax: +91 11 33521501
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
EBTC and TCE have embarked together to form an institutional collaboration to support and facilitate European and Indian partnerships at the business, research, and entrepreneurship levels. With this, there is now a connection of two ecosystems at the macro and micro levels to enable seamless cooperation across borders.
What can you find and do at the ETEC@TCE?
- Faster access to market and research opportunities in the State of Tamil Nadu.
- Physical display of European technologies in a location in Tamil Nadu.
- Incubation of EU and Indian technologies, companies and JVs.
- Pilot and demonstrate EU technology with Indian stakeholders.
- Adapt and Localise European technologies to Indian conditions.
- EU-India Knowledge sharing platform: Exchange between industry, university, researchers, students in Europe and Tamil Nadu.
- Innovation Zone - Where EU and Indian start-ups / entrepreneurs / students / researchers / can collaborate and do joint projects and co-develop products.
- Vocational Training and Capacity Building Programs.
About TCE, Madurai
TCE is one of the most reputed engineering and technology institutions in India, established in the year 1957. With more than 250 faculty members, 4100 students, this autonomous institution is aided by State and Central Government, approved and accredited by All India Council for Technical Education and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The motto of the institution is “Where quality and ethics matter”. The College has been awarded the Performance Excellence Trophy as part of IMC RBNQ National quality award. The College is also accredited with AAAA+ grade and is ranked 42nd among the engineering research institutions including IITs and NITs based on the annual rating published by Career 360˚ Magazine.